Students in schools are becoming more academically diverse. So how do we cater for this diversity?
Elsen Academy has made a commitment to focus on individualization, and we acknowledge that solutions to educational problems lie in quality practice, for example embracing and incorporating differentiation.
Differentiation means that we:
- Respect individuals,
- Own student success,
- Build community,
- Provide high-quality curriculum,
- Assess to inform instruction,
- Implement flexible classroom routines,
- Create varied avenues to learning,
- Share responsibility for teaching and learning.
Reference: Tomlinson, C. 2008. The differentiated school. Alexandria, USA.